Get Quotes from Top Contractors in Palm Bay, FL

How to Verify a Professional's License in Palm Bay?

The Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR) is the agency tasked with the regulation of professionals in Palm Bay. The Department licenses professionals across 30 occupational categories, which include landscape architecture, the construction industry, and engineering. When hiring a professional for a project, getting one licensed by the DBPR is a good way to make sure that you hire the right professional. You can verify the license of professionals in Palm Bay via the DBPR's licensee search portal.

Depending on the project you intend to embark on in Palm Bay, you might also need to fulfill certain local requirements before you can proceed. For example, if your project is for the construction of a new commercial or residential building, additions to existing buildings, re-roofing, and other construction or home improvement projects, you will need to obtain a permit from the Palm Bay Building Department. Starting your project without a permit can lead to several consequences, including increased project costs due to fines, project delays, or even the removal of the structure. You can contact the department at (321) 953-8924 for inquiries on its permitting procedures.

Florida Contractor License Search:

Do Palm Bay Neighborhood Councils
Issue Permits?

No, Palm Bay neighborhood organizations and groups do not issue permits to residents or businesses within the city. Rather, these volunteer organizations come together to help lend a voice to residents in their different neighborhoods and to support or oppose government policies and programs in a manner that fosters growth and improved living standards for the neighborhood and the city's populace. On the 15th of July 2021, scores of residents attended the city council's regular meeting to oppose a proposed change to a city ordinance that would enable the city council to appoint a new council person in place of a retiring one as opposed to the current rules which stipulate that a special election must be held to fill the seat. This change was proffered by the council to help the city save money as it was estimated that a special election would cost the city approximately $254, 000 to conduct. In 2020 the city was forced to go back on a unanimous decision to rezone land that bordered FAR Chemical's industrial plant. This action was as a result of the decision of a Brevard County Circuit Court Judge invalidating all the voting results on the basis that it did not comply with mandatory notice requirements.

How to File an Unfair Business
Complaint in Palm Bay?

If you have been the victim of fraud or other deceptive or unfair business practices by a business or individual in Palm Bay, you can contact the Consumer Protection Division of the Office of the Florida Attorney general to file a complaint. You can file a complaint with the Division online through the Citizen Services Contact Form, which is provided for this purpose. Alternatively, you can file a complaint by downloading a complaint form, which should be completed and mailed alongside any supporting documents, to

  • Office of Attorney General
  • State of Florida
  • The Capitol PL-01
  • Tallahassee, FL 32399-1050

Note that the Consumer Protection Division does not represent you as an individual in any legal action that it takes against the party complained of, nor can it provide you with legal advice. After your complaint is received, it is investigated and may be transferred to another agency if it is decided that the agency is in a better position to handle your complaint. In matters that the division does not transfer, it will try and mediate between yourself and the business or individual complained of. In some instances, a civil action may be initiated against the company complained of if in the interest of the public. Nonetheless, if a resolution cannot be reached between you and the party named in your complaint, or you do not consider the resolution reached as satisfactory, you can proceed to a Brevard County Small Claims Court to initiate a civil suit against the business.